AvL is looking for a well-rounded Product Engineer to be part of the AvL team to design and manufacture mobile satellite antennas. AvL is a fast paced organization that is driven to be the best in the industry. The Engineer will need to interpret customer specifications, estimate and provide project timelines, prioritize and manage all aspects of the project, and follow through with full documentation. The Engineer must be able to troubleshoot issues, work with others, be flexible in their assignments and do whatever is necessary in order to help produce the most superior products in the industry.
- Mechanically design electromechanical positioning systems.
- Create prints for the manufacturing and assembly of a wide variety of both mechanical and electrical parts.
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously while effectively prioritizing tasks.
- Good analytical skills to critique and improve designs, and diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Quickly be able to make critical engineering decisions.
- Create manuals and operating instructions for customers.
- Accurately create BOMs from CAD assemblies and subassemblies for manufacturing as well as any other supporting documentation.
- Be willing to get your hands dirty and to do whatever it takes at any time in order to make AvL a success.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Engineering with preference given to Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Looking for an applicant with at least 5 years’ experience in project/product engineering.
- Prolific with 3d CAD software; SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience with 2d CAD software like AutoCad.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and communicate information from drawings, purchase orders, customer specifications and many other technical documents.
- Electronic packaging experience is a plus.
- Experience in the satellite communication industry a plus.
- Exposure to RF Engineering a plus.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments a plus.
- Exposure to a MRP systems a plus.
- Exposure to programming a plus.
Other Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen
AvL offers a competitive hourly wage plus company-matched 401(k), semi-annual profit sharing and bonuses, and a profit sharing contribution to your 401(k). AvL also provides company-paid health insurance for the employee.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Product Engineering Position.”
No third party submissions will be considered – principals only.
AvL is an EEO Employer.